On behalf of our generous donors, our Community Foundation of East Central Illinois joins the United Way of Champaign County in helping those who are most impacted by lay-offs and reduced work hours. We hope this first distribution from our joint relief fund provides a small sense of security during this time…
The Champaign County COVID-19 Relief Fund has granted $20,000 to local groups to provide housing assistance, the first distribution from the fund. This grant will help people who have lost wages or employment due to the Coronavirus pandemic stay in their homes.
Those in need should call Champaign County Regional Planning Commission at 877-548-4205, 10am – 6pm Monday through Friday, beginning 3/27/2020. RPC will screen for eligibility and connect individuals with Champaign Township or Cunningham Township for a one-time assistance payment. Help is available to all Champaign County residents.
- Lives in Champaign County;
- Renters without housing subsidies (i.e. renters receiving subsidized housing are not eligible);
- Renters with earned income prior to Stay at Home order;
- Renters who have applied for unemployment insurance as a result of COVID-19 wage losses and do not qualify
for unemployment insurance;
- Income up to 250% federal poverty level
Our Community Foundation and United Way continue to collaborate within a network of partners to identify pressing community needs. Future waves of funding will focus on these needs.
To donate to the fund, visit www.cfeci.org
Checks can be mailed to:
Community Foundation of East Central Illinois
307 W University Ave
Champaign, IL 61820