Founded in 2008, The Center for Nonprofit Excellence is committed to helping East Central Illinois nonprofits and their boards to be as effective as possible. We facilitate collaboration and sharing of best practices that result in a strong, vibrant nonprofit sector. We do this by:
- Strengthening nonprofits’ performance through trainings, workshops and Board Bootcamp sessions
- We succeed when nonprofits do good work better. Click here to view our 2024 training calendar and access our 2023 impact report here. Register for upcoming trainings below. Complete our Board Match form for nonprofits and community members to express your interest in board service, or access a list of current nonprofit board openings here.
- Promoting nonprofit collaboration through peer circles and information sharing
- Supporting emerging nonprofit ventures through the Community Solutions Incubator
- We succeed when we equip the next generation of community leaders and organizations with mentoring, training, and networking opportunities. Learn more about 5 Steps to Starting a Nonprofit in Illinois here.
UPCOMING CENTER FOR NONPROFIT EXCELLENCE EVENTS:
Nonprofit Board Service Essentials
Thursday, February 29, 2024, 12:00-1:00 p.m.
Basics of Strategic Planning for Nonprofits
Tuesday, April 23, 2024, 4:00-5:00 p.m.
at Champaign Public Library
If you think the services of the Community Foundation’s Center for Nonprofit Excellence might help an organization that is important to you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.