Whether you work in the corporate, public or nonprofit sphere, joining a nonprofit board of directors can be a great boost to your career. Serving on a board is a wonderful way to build your leadership skills, grow your network, learn how nonprofits operate and make a difference in our community. And, it can be a lot of work!
Join this panel discussion of current board members and nonprofit executives to learn:
- The benefits of joining a nonprofit board
- What skills and expertise are needed most of nonprofit board members
- Considerations and what questions to ask before joining a board
- Basic roles and responsibilities of board members
- How to choose a nonprofit board to join
- What is expected of board members in terms of time and financial commitment
This free workshop is ideal for new and aspiring board members, and civic-minded community members at large!